Friday, 4 October 2013

ON CLOUD 9 WITH KELLY WEARSTLER

Yesterday I was on cloud 9 and my cloud was made of Kelly Wearstler fabrics.

As I am still getting my bearings around Sydney, so I ventured out to explore Rushcutters Bay, home to many fabulous fabric houses.

The day disappeared quickly, too quickly, and I didn't get very far in the quest for sussing out all the fabric wholesalers or exploring any of the gorgeous petite cafes. One fabric house in particular, had me at hello.....Elliot Clarke, actually he had me at the window display. Elliot Clarke has so many brilliant names but I spent most of my time rubbing and touching and gushing over Kelly Wearstler's Groundworks for Lee Jofa range that I spied through the window.


This is her second collaboration with Groundworks, and Kelly has created the most vibrant and inspiring collection. It shows her love for natural materials from the earth and combines this with her signature graphic patterns and unique colours.













The collection features organic and textural designs that are quietly elegant, as well as the bold prints that have become a Kelly Wearstler signature.


I have mixed in some of the samples given to me by Elliot Clarke with some of my other cushions. I could stand here and look at her fabrics all day (DRM thinks I'm mad and can't understand me at all!) I could just curl up on my sofa with Kelly cushions all day.....but there is so much choice, which will be the perfect fabric, maybe I'll have to have a cushion made in each?


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment