Thursday, 3 October 2013

KELLY WEARSTLER DESIGNS CAMERON DIAZ'S NYC APARTMENT




I am always lusting over Kelly Wearstlers interiors, and I was so excited when I came across a fabulous Manhatten apartment in Elle Decor she had recently designed. 

The apartment of the beautiful, blonde, blinding smile, Cameron Diaz.

This apartment is so unbelievably gorgeous, I want to rip down my grey walls and start from scratch making this my new inspiration. It is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't change a thing!

Cameron loves design and was heavily involved in the process. She started by finding loads of interiors she loved. Turned out, most were by Kelly Wearstler - so why not call upon a fellow Californian to help inject some colour into your home.

Could their be a cooler pair collaborating together to create a more stylish pad? I think not.



In the living room of the apartment, I love that Kelly Wearstler can find such unique vintage pieces such as the Murano-glass chandelier, cocktail table and stools. Then mix colours and fabrics; the armchair is upholstered in Clarence house fabric and the wallcovering by de Gourney, to create a fun, energetic yet feminine living room.


Oh, and how I would love to have a dinner party with Kelly and Cameron here. I could sit in one of the  Kelly Wearstler Groundworks Linen armchairs and gush over the circa 1960s Spanish chandelier. 


A Pierre Chareau-designed lamp sits on a circa 1960 chest by Drexel in the living room. The fireplace screen is by Charles Edwards and the painting is by Hunt Slonem.


This kitchen is AMAZING! The combination of kitchen's backsplash, counters and sink fittings which are unlacquered brass, the brass-trimmed cabinetry is lacquered in the most wonderful custom coloured Emerald green, those ebony stained wood floors and the light fixture create a stunning room - a room that Cameron says is the first room she sees in the morning and spends most of her time in - no wonder her smile is as big as it is!


Silk Linens and a ruched skirt and headboard dress the bed in the master bedroom and a white chair upholstered in mohair remind us of 1970s fashion.

The linens in the master bedrooms are by Frette, the coverlet is by Yves Delorme and the silk wall covering and guilded paper on the ceiling are by de Gourney.


The master bath is covered in glass tiles by Ann Sacks, the parchment covered vanity and mirrors are custom made and the sink and the brass fittings are by Waterworks.

All the little draws are brilliant, just what a girl needs to organise all her bathroom bits and pieces!


I could see myself staying in the guest room in the custom made brass four poster bed and in the morning I would step on the softer-than-clouds snow white rug....



Then I'd walk into the guest bathroom, where I would stare at the walls and vanity of pink onyx, and the sink by Bates and Bates, and those wonderful brass fittings.

Luckily for Cameron Diaz, I'm not friends with her because I may just overstay my welcome in her perfect West Village apartment.


xoVR


IMAGES VIA ELLEDECOR.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment