Tuesday, 22 October 2013

JONATHON ADLER STYLE


I have downloaded Top Design and am pretty much watching the episodes back to back. I am quite a critic but honestly, the spaces the designers are creating don't do much for me...I sound like a mean contestant, don't I? Some are great, I do find it interesting that the designers get the same brief and it is interpreted, resulting in such different outcomes.

Kelly Wearstler is one of the judges, which is why I started watching it and another designer I admire, Jonathon Adler.

Jonathon Adler, is the king of stylish and playful decorating. He designs fun, quirky, bold rooms. I am a big fan of his furniture and accessories. I could have his pieces all over my house - except that the price tags are not always within my budget. 

Below is his and his husbands holiday home on Shelter Island in New York, not far from The Hamptons. Be warned, you are not going to be looking at a typical 'Hamptons Beach House', his is more psychedelic, a little more Austin Powers goes to the Hamptons, never-the-less it is a fun, colourful, mid-century style bringing some inspiration from Palm Springs.

I shall leave you with this Happy-Chic home to get you through Tuesday!
















xoVR

IMAGES VIA ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST

No comments:

Post a Comment