Thursday, 26 September 2013

NICKY HILTON GOES BANANAS



I still want to add colour to my home but I have been unlucky in finding the right shade of emerlad green anywhere on my shopping haunts.

Instead, I have been lusting over all the emerald rooms on pinterest, blogs and the web. I've also been thinking about adding a pop of pink into our home and pink and green are a beautiful colour combination.

While on my quest of green and pink interior inspiration, I came across some gorgeous images of the fabulous, Don Loper designed, Martinique banana leaf wallpaper. 

It turned out to be, the recently sold LA home of socialite, Nicky Hilton.

IMAGE VIA THE COVETEUR
IMAGE VIA THE COVETEUR

Most of the house is decorated much like sisters, Paris and Nicky’s personal styles; Stark black and white patterns, pink furniture, loads of mirrors, lots of chrome and lacquer accents and shiny patent leather. 

However, I do love the banana leaf pattern wallpaper with the pink chairs. This is the same wallpaper that is installed on the walls of the Fountain Coffee Shop downstairs at the Beverly Hills Hotel,  incidentally, a hotel the Hilton family doesn't own!


Her dramatically decorated bedroom is in a very restrained, black and white colour palette. The headboard and bench are upholstered in patent black leather adding a rock edge to the elegant pieces.



In the living room she has carried through the bold, black and white palette. The white-walled room has glossy black mouldings and the large window overlooks the garden. She has upholstered the classic chesterfield in a luxe black leather and added contrast with the white wing chairs. A pair of chrome and glass bar trolleys and some white ceramic dogs frame the fire place. On the left side of the fire place she has hung an iconic 1955 photograph by Slim Aarons

IMAGE VIA THE COVETEUR 



What can I say, the girl has some taste....look at those grey walls, do they look a little similiar to my perfect shade of grey.....?


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment