Saturday, 21 September 2013

50 SHADES OF GREY

Beige....I cannot stand beige.

Yet our whole house is beige. Actually, it's Magnolia. And I mean everything is this colour; the walls, the skirting, the kitchen cabinets, the blinds, everything! 

To me, it looks dirty and dated. I know people may think it safe, (obviously someone did when they  decided to paint our entire house this colour) but why go beige? White is a much better choice if you want to be safe, at least white looks fresh, clean and crisp.

However, I don't want to be safe and paint all the walls white. I've lived in to many white rented homes. I want something a little more daring, a little more dramatic, a little more bold.....I want grey.

But what shade of grey? We all know there is at least 50 shades of grey.

I have been searching for inspiration for the right shade of grey - so many! Lets look at some of my favourites.

GREG NATALE

GREG NATALE
KELLY WEARSTLER
KELLY WEARSTLER
GREG NATALE
GREG NATALE
GREG NATALE
ATMOSPHERE INTERIORS

GREG NATALE

ABIGAIL AHERN

What do you think? Too dark and daring? The painters seem to think so. I've been getting quotes and all the painters are a little taken back when I say I want grey - dark grey. 

I'm sticking to my guns. I want a bit of drama. I like the way colours pop, the high contrast of the white trims and the more I look I find so many amazing grey interiors, click HERE to see more.

It's decided - grey it will be! Now the hard part, deciding on the perfect shade of grey....


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment