Tuesday, 16 April 2013

TEMPORARILY HOMELESS

Well, it's almost time to say goodbye to the G-Gong.

After many hours of sorting, eBaying and charity runs, the final box was sealed this morning - thank goodness for that, because I don't think I had another packing day left in me!

Grace Removals arrived at 8am with a massive container truck. After a few hours of the guys packing all the boxes into the truck, they announced that it all wasn't going to fit!!!

Let me just say, the container on the truck was massive! When I first saw it, I didn't even think our stuff would half fill it! Would you believe they had to go and get another truck! And what do you think didn't make it into the first container?

All my clothes!

I had the majority (I have a lot of clothes!!!) all hanging on several shop-type-racks, all wrapped up in plastic - and they didn't fit! I am having slight palpitations that they'll be what goes missing in transit! I gave the guys strict instructions to keep a close eye on them! I'm not certain they really understood the importance of my requests! I'm sure they just thought I was another crazy wardrobe-obsessed girl!

Next to make me sweat a little was the thought - how will I fit that container load of stuff into our new apartment??? I don't want to think about that right now - so I won't.

I am now checked-in to the local Gerringong hotel, we are officially homeless until we return from the US in a few weeks. (Please let settlement day be easy) Until then, bring on hotel living I say, because after all the packing, cleaning and stress that comes with moving house, I have never wanted a holiday so much! I cannot wait to not have to clean, wash, mop or do any household chores for a few weeks....then it will all begin again with the unpacking!

I am absolutely exhausted, so I'm off to run myself a bath and relax on what will be my last night in the G-Gong.


xoVR





No comments:

Post a Comment