Saturday, 13 April 2013

KELLY WEARSTLER AND THE VICEROY HOTEL

I am so over packing. Our holiday next week could not come at a more perfect time.

When we first bought the house, I thought the holiday we had planned was such bad timing. I really just wanted to get into our new house and start decorating. Seriously though, after weeks of packing, the last thing I would want to do now is unpack!

As I have been packing, I have been daydreaming about relaxing in a hotel. Actually, the Wynn Hotel in Vegas, the hotel we have booked for our stay - absolutely amazing, I tell you! There will be several blogs from Vegas very soon!

I have also been dreaming about our new home and I've been creating a mood board. I have been getting lots of inspiration from luxury hotels (seriously hotels are on my mind). One in particular, the Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica. 

As you all know, I had decided to add the colour green to our new home, so I googled and searched Pinterest. I found tones of images for black, white, grey and green interiors. A few images really stood out when I went back to look at them all. Then I found out that several of the images were from the same location - the Viceroy Hotel. So, I wasn't really surprised when the interior designer turned out to be one of my favourites, none other than the Queen of Hollywood Regency style, Kelly Wearstler - seriously can she do no wrong?

You absolutely must look at this hotel. 


I love the use of all the green and white framed mirrors at the check-in desk.


Where do I even start with this image? The beautiful emerald sofa, the statement rug or the mirrored ceiling. My brain is going into overdrive with ideas and inspiration!


Could the bathroom be any more amazing? Look at those tiles! And the floor! I do love a black and white checked floor! Love this room to bits!!! 



The pool, this I can only dream about having....


To wake up to that view everyday..... And I really want those green chairs! 


What an amazing use of green. It just screams luxury, doesn't it? I want my house to feel like a hotel. I want to walk in the front door and feel like I am on a holiday.....

Now I just have to figure out how to create a perfect hotel feel without a five-star budget! Until then, I'll  just get back to reality - packing boxes.


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment