Friday, 15 March 2013

GREEN WITH ENVY


Chicago turns the river green for St Patrick's Day

Yesterday I spent the day celebrating St Patrick's Day with my Irish DRM and his family. We celebrated this very fun holiday with The Lansdowne Club at the Sydney Convention Centre.

True to Irish tradition, Guinness was pouring from the taps before noon and the room was filled people wearing more than 40 shades of green and above all the loud chit-chat and banter of the Irish, wonderful traditional Irish music played in the background and we had a feast of delicious food!

I was feeling very Irish in my green tartan suit and was even more inspired to think about my home and using the colour green. 

Pantone introduced emerald as "2013 colour of the year". Describing the colour as "Lively, radiant, lush...a colour of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."

I have been thinking about using green in our new home and since it is the colour of the year and we have bought our first home - really it almost seems fitting to do so, don't you think? I know DRM would love to have a little bit of Ireland within our very monochrome home, so maybe I will go down the yellow brick road to the emerald city....






Hope today brings you as much luck as the Irish. I'm off to spend this perfect day with my perfect little leprechaun, DRM!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone! 


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment