Sunday, 24 March 2013

BOUTIQUE BERRY

As I am packing up and preparing to leave country life and return to the fast paced city, there are a few places I'll miss dearly. Berry being one.

Berry is not only famous for it's heritage buildings and picturesque scenery, this beautiful NSW town is known for the fine food, vineyards and boutique shopping. 

Shopping in Berry is one of the main reasons this town is so popular with tourists. It's only a two hour drive from Sydney and it's on route when driving from Melbourne to Sydney. It boasts a number of gorgeous, quaint stores and cafes. 


The Berry Sourdough Cafe is a favourite and is renowned for it's breads and pastries but they serve a wonderful lunch too. I haven't been there for dinner yet but have heard great things.  It is located just of the main road and is set in a charismatic century old building.

One of my other favourite restaurants is Hungry Duck. The menu is modern Asian. We love the banquet. This way we are surprised and delighted with chef, David Campbell's selection. It has a wonderful kitchen garden out the back which provides many of the herbs and vegetables used on the menu and if it's not from their garden the majority is local fresh produce from the many surrounding farms.



Moss Nest is the most gorgeous little homeware and florist store I think I have come across. It is a trove of French-style homewares. This is where DRM buys me my stunning flowers!

Roots & Wings Design offer a sophisticated selection of clothes and homewares. Really it's the vine covered heritage building that I love most! (above image)



Berry is surrounded by lush green valleys and is so close to stunning beaches of the south coast. There is a wide variety of accommodation, including B&Bs, hotels, motels and luxury guest houses. Unfortunately any of my family or friends who didn't get to visit, you'll have to stay elsewhere now!

Whether it is winter or summer Berry is a beautiful place to visit. I know I'll be back visiting this perfect little town.


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment