Monday, 18 February 2013

HIGH CONTRAST

Decorating with stripes, especially black and white stripes is a fabulous way to make a dramatic statement in your home.

It is no secret that I love a monochromatic scheme. My house is already filled with bold black furniture, hues of velvet greys and high contrast black and white striped chairs. So to mix things up in my house last week I went out and bought...drumroll please...more black and white striped fabric! 

It is thin striped fabric, so really it is completely different. Thin stripes tend to create a more timeless and subtle look, where as so far I only have wide stripes and they make a much bolder statement.

So what am I going to do with this fabric I hear you ask? Well, I have visions for this 'dream house' that I am yet to buy - however we are on the prowl and getting a little closer (well I am told this but it stills feels so far away).

Anyway, back to the fabric, one of the visions I have is to have a striking, glamorous, bold, blogging room - to most people it will be called a study or home office but I'm calling mine The Blogging room.

I have some gorgeous chairs that I think would add a dramatic edge to my Blogging room. Before I send them off to be reupholstered I decided I needed some black and white stripe inspiration.






Yep, enough inspiration! I am certain I want to cover the chairs and give the room a bold, luxe, hollywood style! 

Black and white never goes out of style. It is a classic combination that will work with any design style, be it traditional, modern, classic or eclectic. If high contrast black and white isn't for you try adding a pop of colour or tone it down with a floral pattern or woods work especially well to give your home a more relaxed feeling.

I cannot wait to get these chairs back, one, to show you and two, because I can just vision them in my perfect dream Blogging room. 


xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment