Monday, 28 January 2013

RAINY DAY DIY


The rain held me prisoner all day. However, this did give me a opportunity to get creative and crafty with a little DIY project I have been wanting to do for ages.

I picked up this old wine crate from a Sunday market a few months back for a bargain price of only $10 - unfortunately the wine was not included. I thought it would make a great storage box for  books and magazines. I bought four wheels from the hardware store for $1.99 each. 

In just three small steps my DIY project was complete. I now have a mobile magazine box that I can wheel around from chair to chair. This is what I have it for at the moment but it could be used for absolutely anything. How great would it be for children's toys that get left around the house? In the bathroom for towels, out in the garden to hold herb pots or garden tools. Or better yet, as a drop-off-box in the entrance or at the bottom of the stairs - if you have a second level in your house, you'll appreciate that a pile of bits and pieces always manages to sit at the bottom of the stairs until you get a minute to walk it up! The options are endless, you could even use it to store wine! So find yourself a crate or a wooden box and get creative.

What a fun little DIY project this was - Perfect for a rainy day.


SUPPLIES -
A CRATE OR WOODEN BOX
FOUR SMALL WHEELS & SCREWS
SCREW DRIVER

STEP 1 - GIVE THE CRATE A GOOD CLEAN OR VARNISH IF NECESSARY.





STEP 2 - TURN THE CRATE OVER AND SCREW IN THE FOUR WHEELS ON EACH CORNER.




STEP 3 - TURN IT OVER. YOUR CRATE IS NOW MOBILE!

This was such a simple and quick little DIY!
Have you done any DIY projects lately? Do share in the comments!



xoVR

No comments:

Post a Comment